I was reminded again during the week why I REinvent.
It's not just because I love sewing or that my addiction to Opshops needed a creative outlet or that I found it more & more frustrating trying to find interesting & affordable clothes in shops - it's all those reasons & more!
REinventing is a way for me to express myself - I get to create garments out of gorgeous fabrics by adapting the style to fit and suit me which it turns out means I wear them for years!
This tunic dress came home with me about 6yrs ago as a slimline 1950s size 8 dress, which as I've stated in the past I've not been since I was eight.
After I shortened & widened it to fit I wore it regularly during that summer (6yrs ago), then as my wardrobe has expanded, with regular workshops & talks, this little gem was replaced with other gems and eventually made it's way to the bottom of the ironing basket, where it stayed until last week.
After I got over the shock of it still fitting I soon realised I still liked it.
There is nothing fashionable about what I do or encourage others to do - REinventing is more than just sewing garments to add to your wardrobe, REinventing reaches the soul and empowers you to create garments that express you.
It also means you've got more money to spend on footwear!



well said ☺
ReplyDeleteThanks Nadene.
ReplyDelete