Sunday, December 9, 2012

Frippery is a Real Word


I've been asked a few times if Frippery is a real word or did I make it up.



It is a real word
thank goodness
cos I couldn't have come up with a better meaning.



There's been quite a bit of Fripperying going on late at night round here
while some knit or crochet to unwind at the end of the day
you'll find me tucked up at the end of the couch
surrounded by fabric circles, Sew Outside the Lines™ labels & brooch findings

trying to thread a needle


because not only do I find sitting & hand stitching to be relaxing
I am also excited by what I'm achieving


and I've also discovered my Frippery Brooches
go with everything....

 after much debating with myself
discussing the merits of hanging onto absolutely everything I create
with the likely need for therapy to work out why I can't let anything go

I've decided to share the love.


3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately for us Crafters, there is only so much you can make before you have to seriously think about giving/selling some. It is really hard though when we put so much work and love into each thing. Frippery is such a brilliant word and your frippery is just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what everyones needs in life a touch of frippery!!! Love your lastest creations, the matching fabrics and the lovely little stitches.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect! Your Frippery is smile worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!