I'd heard about this groovy new cafe in South Freo where the light shades are Jam Jars so took my sister there for her belated Birthday lunch.
Sure enough they are however not suitable for the Studio as the wattage necessary is purely for mood.
Very nice effect though as were the dozens of vintage tricylces displayed along the walls and the upside-down plastic washing baskets that also made effective light shades.
I'm not any good at food reviews or taking photos inside restaurants with patrons sitting at tables and wait staff eye balling you with your camera poised in their direction however this lady is.
The pie was nice however the juices were amazing!
![]() |
| (Mel's Birthday necklace) |
Ootong & Lincoln (that's the name Mel) is in a great spot, 100yards from a good little Opshop so we walked off our lunch, found some treasure and came back for cake and tea.
It was great being able to share the day with my sister, we lead such busy lives that when we do see each other it's very special.
It was great being able to share the day with my sister, we lead such busy lives that when we do see each other it's very special.




It was a lovely day spent in great company. Will definately venture back to the cafe and most definately to the op shop - bargains aplenty! MEL
ReplyDeleteDare I say, the decor looks very American, down in the soouth don't yáll know.
ReplyDeleteNow, did you share the cake? I didn't see 2 forks.
The pie looks spectacular.
Bon Appétit
x
Joanie
Mel - I stupidly didn't take photos of the scores made at the oppy - my memory of you carrying an arm load of linen will have to do!
ReplyDeleteJoanie - I've decided to put your comments up for you seen as it's too hard your end - not good blogging etiquette I'm sure but there you go.
In answer to your question (and thankyou for noticing) - no we didn't share, I purposely cut my slice of cheesecake from the shot. They were delicious and real tea too!
Thanks for the link to my blog. I loved the cafe and it was so fun to photograph.
ReplyDeleteSally - you're very welcome and I'll probably do it again as your blogs are very insightful and entertaining.
ReplyDelete