Friday, April 8, 2016

MakeOver Cardy Party - Day3 [with a video]


Changing buttons is sometimes enough to change a whole garment 
or be the key in bringing a REfashion together

 because the two grey knits I've used are different tones
I was hopeful the right buttons would help tie it all together 

so at the end of Day2 
I swapped plastic buttons for a selection of random silvery grey ones 
which sounds as perfect as it looks  


Day3 - Stitching

This morning with the overlocker in situ, threaded 
and her differential feed dialed in
I overlocked the sides of the keeper
and the edges of the wedges 


please don't fret or chuck a wobbly if you don't have an overlocker
being a knit fabric the overlocker is purely decorative 
as once stitched a knit fabric isn't going to fray

to help with the next step where we insert/attach the wedge
I made a short video 


which I hope helps
because at the end of the day
you want it to look like this.


Now you have ALL weekend to play
[please don't hesitate to ask any questions]
and I'll meet you back here or on FB this Monday
for the 'MakeOver Cardy Party' reveal!

Jody x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!