Wednesday, April 6, 2016

MakeOver Cardy Party - Day1

Welcome to Day 1 of the first ever 
'MakeOver Cardy Party'
where we're going to smash out a gorgeous signature cardy which fits
from two annoyingly small ones...

lets do this!

Day1 :: What We Need

I've thrown together the items I know I'll be using along the way 
with the exception of my sewing machine
and I'll probably use the overlocker aswell 
[couldn't fit them in the picture] 
the walking foot is my preference for sewing knits
however a regular foot is perfectly fine
you might just have to adjust your tension
 according to how the fabric is feeding through the machine as you sew.

Requirements
  • minimum 2 knitwear garments which are a size too small, of similar weight & thickness i.e. like with like. The garment to be sacrificed to make the other bigger [can be another cardy or a jumper] needs to have a long or 3/4 set-in sleeve [not a raglan sleeve].
  • sewing machine with size 70 universal needle.
  • walking foot or straight stitch foot.
  • sharp pins.
  • ruler & tape measure.
  • sharp scissors.
  • unpicker/seam ripper.
  • fabric marker.
  • matching thread.

If you haven't any cardys in your collection ready to volunteer themselves 
keep your eyes open in the op shops 
or spread the word amongst family & friends that you're in need of a couple of donations.

Tomorrow we'll pick up the scissors & plug in the machine!

Jody x

ps. please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
pss. you'll find this post on cutting up cardys very helpful aswell.


4 comments:

  1. Gutted that my overlocker is currently away being fixed. Would have been so handy to do a cardy makeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't fret - you might find it easier to do without an overlocker and in fact being a knit you don't need one. x

      Delete
  2. ok, I have 4 cardys lined up on the bed ready to roll. Though only one is too small, but I'll work around that I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!