Todays post is cheating a bit
because I've copy & pasted it from another Blog I had in a past life
and even though I am a little embarrassed by the quality and the sound of my own voice
my heart was in the right place and if I don't have to make another one
that makes it a good day...
Sharing one of my favourite ways to play!
I'd have liked to have covered some aspects in more detail
however it got to the point where I either got what I had on You Tube
or threw the camera & tripod out the window!
I'm no expert (there's plenty out there that are)
this is a very simple explanation of machine embroidery,
it's how I do it
I hope it helps & inspires you to give it a go!
The points I'd like to clarify & emphasize are;
Feed Dogs - need to be out of the way. With some machines you have the ability to drop them with the Feed Dog Control knob, others require a special plate that sits on top of the Needle Plate.
Presser Foot - I have always used the Darning Foot, it has a central hole where the needle goes through and a spring mechanism at the top of the shaft which allows movement when stitching.Needle - Size 80.
Settings - Stitch Length '0' & needle Centred.
Control - the saying, 'Slow Hands, Fast Foot' works, it is the secret to maintaining control over your design.
Without hesitation I can guarantee
being able to machine embroider will change your life. x
Thanks for this Jody. I seem to remember seeing this video a few years back when I started following your blog Jody but it's always good to re-visit helpful things like this from time to time. I still haven't managed to free sew much along the way even though it's something I love to do. x
ReplyDelete