All sorts of projects are undertaken on Fridays in the Studio.
and sometimes we pitch in & help each other out
and in the process coin a new sewing term for the
REinventing Dictionary
'Siamese Sewing'
where more than one person simultaneously sews the same project.
as witnessed here with Jo & Bron Doilying Jo's tablecloth.
![]() |
I'll sometimes selfishly put my hand up to help out just so I can see the outcome
as was the case with the sleeves for Alex's Smock-That's-Not-a-Frock.
Often times someone elses opinion
backed up with practical advice is all that's needed
to save a project from eternal damnation in the back of the wardrobe
as with Kates Japanese Frock
which we sorted by shortening & adding contrasting fabric around the hem edge.
It's always lovely to see a completed-at-home REinvention return
especially when it has been personalised as is the case with Brons
Piece of Cake styled Tunic made from a shirt & skirt
now with floral embellishments.
Jeanettes Wrapt in Top
ticked alot of REinventing boxes
don't be afraid to walk away, never say never, listen to your intuition & the garment/fabric
and the result I think you'll agree was worth it.
ticked alot of REinventing boxes
don't be afraid to walk away, never say never, listen to your intuition & the garment/fabric
and the result I think you'll agree was worth it.

Lunch
is always welcome
and it's not all about yummy food
or conversations that could save the world
it's about feeling safe in the company of like minded souls
enjoying time & space away from the rigors of real life
in a garden that looks like someone painted it.
and even though 'Homework' is a dirty word round these parts,
I've got some this week
which I've promised will be ready for viewing next week.








Sounds just about perfect....
ReplyDeleteSo many great moments in a Friday... xxxx
ReplyDeleteThat looks amazing and some of the creations are awesome. Sounds like a fun day.
ReplyDelete