Sunday, July 1, 2012

JaM - Happy Days

JaM - taking Just a Moment to gather & share the things you have noticed, consumed, created &/or bought during your week....

I caught up with my Dad this week
and after chats over cups of tea & apple slice
we went Op shopping

I managed 8 Op Shops in 5hrs
finding treasure in every one of them.

Old hangers - new love


Books - knowledge is power
 

Mrs Tiddlemouse - she needed a good home


Chip Fryer - I've heard they make great peg baskets
Zips - they were orange & will make great rose necklaces
Ties - they were orange & will make great rose brooches
Buttons - I will never have enough


 Tins - so I have somewhere to put my buttons

 

 Tea Towel - I don't have an orange one and 1987 was a pretty significant year for me.
I traveled that year to India, Kathmandu, Thailand, Gulf of Carpentaria
Dan & I moved in together
I enrolled in the Fashion Design Course
Decisions & adventures that ultimately determined my destiny & sealed my fate.
 


What were you up to in 1987...



14 comments:

  1. You seem to find the best neckties and vintage patterns at your op shops! Being not far from your area myself, I might need to set aside a day to pop up there and explore! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well with your Op Shopping, love the tins and buttons. The books look very useful too especially the one about cutting patterns from finished clothes. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there no op shop that you have left unturned???? But oh so worth it.
    I have a great collection of covered wooden hangers that I cherish.....and 1987...newly engaged in my last year of uni. Oh so long ago.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such bright and happy photos and wonderful treasure.
    1987, was the year we got married, quit our jobs and moved to QLD, we were going to travel around australia but only got as far as the gold coast, ran out of money, got a job and stayed for 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I take it you're not from Australia or New Zealand - the 'Op' in Op Shop stands for Opportunity Shop.

      Delete
  6. Oh my! 8 in 5 hours!! You are the queen Jody!! :)))))
    Loving those gorgeous buttons and the oranges are wonderful! So wonderfully bright. and what a great find that tea towel is for you and your memories! Where was I?? Nowhere as exciting as where you were that's for sure. ♥
    p.s. I've linked in to JaM this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds Jody, what did your dad pick up?
    April 1987 was a memorable year with the birth of my first daughter Kaleigh, where has that 25 years gone...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad was very proud not to be tempted by anything - usually he's scouting for books. As much as I was on the look out for anything related to the business, we were both happy to have the opportunity to spend some time in each others company. x

      Delete
  8. I am a lurker and after reading about your long time history with creating in Perth, have to ask.... did you, back in the 80's, make little A line skirts out of vintage floral with the label "PEARL" ? If so you may like to know I bought one and still have it. The fabric is starting to perish (not made for 20 odd years of wear!) and I need to find a creative way to adjust the waist (2 kids later the waist 'aint what it used to be!).

    !987 I too was preparing for o'seas travel. Made it in '88,backpacking Bangladesh and India. You have brought back so many memories! Just thought you would like to know! Kind Regards Ros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ros - that's me!

      How fabulous that you still have yours after this long and that you found me - I have over the years REfound items in Op Shops that I've made and have bought some of them home....I can feel a Post coming on.

      I'd love to see yours - maybe there something I can do to help you adjust the waist...it's the least I can do considering your attachment.

      Thank you so much for getting in touch. x

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh! bad typos!!! I meant that the skirt was not "bad " after 20 odd years of being the favourite and worn hundreds of times! Silly me! Ros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really generous of you ! I, in turn, feel the perfect reason coming to mind as to why I should enrol in one of you workshops!

      Will be in touch

      Kind Regards
      Ros

      Delete
    2. I look forward to hearing from you Ros. x

      Delete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!