Have you got a favourite sewing pattern...
one you go back to time & again when you need to create something new,
right now.
Mine's unashamedly the
although there was a brief moment at the beginning of this post where I wavered in favour of the
Splice Skirt
- I think that's only because I've got all these gorgeous fabrics at my fingertips
and the Splice Skirt is another way for me to be endlessly creative.
This weeks JaM
is sharing why your favourite pattern is your fave
and maybe what you've done to make it your own.
~ Reasons to love the PoC
2. I'm able to be creative with my fabric choices.
3. I can create for any season ie. light cottons to denim and wool, wear a skivvy to nothing underneath or a cardy on top.
4. My preference is the Tunic length so I can wear short or longer pants with it.
5. It takes me under 2hrs, from got-to-whoa, to complete the entire garment.
~ Changes to the Pattern
The pattern has been designed to be a loose fitting garment which I understand doesn't always suit everyone. Fitting or shape is easily obtained with the inclusion of darts both front & back or by making a smaller size. Some have found the wideness of the neck can cause a shoulder to slip which requires either a dart either side of the curve around the back neck to draw the shoulders in or REshaping when tracing the pattern.
If you would like to see what others are doing
to make their Cakes their own
check these out
and have a look at Jodi Blooms latest blog post,
my new American Bestie is documenting her Cake making progress.
and have a look at Jodi Blooms latest blog post,
my new American Bestie is documenting her Cake making progress.
I'm looking forward to seeing & hearing your opinions on which sewing patterns impress you the most.
Linky below for sharing.
x

oh we cant wait to get stuck into your patterns ..... and i am checking on July dates with the ladies but it is great on my side :)
ReplyDeletetrace xo
Hmmm. i can honestly say i really don't have a fav sewing pattern Jody, given that i don't often make clothes for myself, even though it's something i used to do often when i was a bit younger. it's also something i keep promising to do for myself but just never make the time. i've altered some things to wear, but not from scratch with fabric that i have hanging about.
ReplyDeletebut i have to say that i can see why your tunic pattern would be your fav. you always make it up into some of the happiest looking pieces of clothing i've seen around for a long time. i really should promise to make one for myself! i know i'd feel so good in it. :)
i'm still not back on board with posting so not joining in again this week.
have a good one! x
way too many to choose from...... but have combined one of yours with one of mine........
ReplyDelete