Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cowboy Sandwich and other Nom-de-plumes - Blog'fest Day?

I apologise to anyone that was under the misconception 
that this was purely a sewing/crafting Blog -
if it wasn't for Blogtoberfest it might have remained the occasional 
crafty post orientated Blog 
but when you're committed to writing about something everyday 
it doesn't actually leave a lot of time to create stuff

except

Cowboy Sandwiches

we love a Cowboy Sandwich round here!

These things cover the 5 food groups in one sitting 
and should be enough of a feed to cover 3 meals in one sitting...
if you're not a vegetarian (sorry Stella)
or a pig (buuuurp!)

With not much of the day left and having spent the majority of it 
sewing with & for others 
a photo of yesterdays lunch was as good as it was going to get,
which in itself is nice but not really worthy of more than a passing comment 
but then I got to thinking 
about the name

Cowboy Sandwich

I've no idea where it came from...
I'd like to think it was a name we came up with to try and get the boy-child to eat
but in reality 
it just arrived....and stayed.

Got me to thinking does anyone else name their food or other things so they are immediately identifiable to family members....?


1 comment:

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!