I can't believe I baulked at conducting Learn to Sew workshops for years - they are the most fun!
![]() |
| (The Tresillian LTS students get to enjoy the ambience of this historic building) |
It turns out my fear of having to be part sewing machine mechanic to hundreds of different makes & models was unfounded because all sewing machines perform the same functions only at slightly varying degrees.
![]() |
| (Fremantle Art Centre Adults LTS) |
My greatest joy is being able to alleviate the fear new sewers have of using this unfamiliar lump of metal & plastic, while watching them develop the relationship with their sewing machine that I know will ensure creating is fun forever - and it's not all sewing as there's the camaraderie that develops when like-minded people find themselves sharing time, space & coffee.
![]() |
| (Tresillian - delivered to the door!) |
I'm aided in my quest to teach the world to sew (hahaha) with the projects in my LTS - Basics & Beyond patterns, as they are a gentle effective approach to learning how to sew, ensuring everyone has a rewarding experience while gaining the confidence to successfully create with their new 'friend'!
![]() |
| (piles of paper & patterns at 2am ready for class that day!) |
The joy that is experienced when someone creates their first project is fantastic and so so so very definitely worth being there for!
![]() |
| (Sue loving her Art Journal Cover) There is more over here. |





No comments:
Post a Comment
Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!