An interesting & humorous insight into the Australian psychy arrived via email this morning, it's quite a long dissertation which I have edited down to a couple of paragraphs however I do encourage anyone with a sense of humour or those thinking of immigrating to read the full version.
The second confusing thing about Australia is the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep. It is true that of the 10 most poisonous arachnids on the planet, Australia has 9 of them. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that of the 9 most poisonous arachnids, Australia has all of them. However there are curiously few snakes, possibly because the spiders have killed them all.
But even the spiders won't go near the sea. Any visitors should be careful to check inside boots (before putting them on), under toilet seats (before sitting down) and generally everywhere else. A stick is very useful for this task.
(Red Back Spider eating a snake)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!