I'd thought that by now I'd have forgotten my name
due to all that talking having fried my brain!
due to all that talking having fried my brain!
Not the case - apart from a niggly dull headache (dehydrated?)
I'm feeling very excited & extremely enthusiastic about what I'm doing & where I'm going.
April is going to be HUGE!
As each day progressed I quickly got used to the microphone & standing on a stage.
Everyday I had current & x-students call in to say hello
which assisted with the whole confidence thing and judging by the amount of interest generated
my workshops at home will fill quickly!
The interest was very encouraging.
I got Dan to take shots of the garments I had made to wear for the Talks
which I'll briefly explain.
I have close-up shots of details on my Workshop Images link and will highlight each day so you can easily take a peak.
Day One
This was a skirt which I cut armholes into & made into a Tunic Dress.
I especially liked the gathered/bow/zip detail in the back of the skirt & utilised that in the front of the Tunic. I also printed onto the front & back.
The crop cardy is REinvented from a vintage crochet cardigan which after cutting shorter I machine embroidered a scrap of fabric (left from Day 2 Dress) around the bottom edge and replaced the buttons with 3 different vintage buttons.
Day Two
This was 2 dresses that didn't fit REinvented into one that did.
I attached the front of each dress together and used a contrasting fabric remnant to make sleeves (like my arms covered these days!). On the back I attached 3 'feral flowers' made from the same fabric as the sleeves which I machine embroidered in place.
I'm feeling very excited & extremely enthusiastic about what I'm doing & where I'm going.
April is going to be HUGE!
As each day progressed I quickly got used to the microphone & standing on a stage.
Everyday I had current & x-students call in to say hello
which assisted with the whole confidence thing and judging by the amount of interest generated
my workshops at home will fill quickly!
The interest was very encouraging.I got Dan to take shots of the garments I had made to wear for the Talks
which I'll briefly explain.
I have close-up shots of details on my Workshop Images link and will highlight each day so you can easily take a peak.
Day One
This was a skirt which I cut armholes into & made into a Tunic Dress.I especially liked the gathered/bow/zip detail in the back of the skirt & utilised that in the front of the Tunic. I also printed onto the front & back.
The crop cardy is REinvented from a vintage crochet cardigan which after cutting shorter I machine embroidered a scrap of fabric (left from Day 2 Dress) around the bottom edge and replaced the buttons with 3 different vintage buttons.
Day Two
This was 2 dresses that didn't fit REinvented into one that did.I attached the front of each dress together and used a contrasting fabric remnant to make sleeves (like my arms covered these days!). On the back I attached 3 'feral flowers' made from the same fabric as the sleeves which I machine embroidered in place.
I have called this my 'French Farm House' Dress however could easily be worn on a Goondiwindi Cattle Station!
Day Three
Day Three

The Top was a last minute REinvention.
The original top I'd made to go with the skirt looked great hanging
but not so good on.
This one is difficult to explain simply as it was a tricky design to start - unwearable actually.
I've slashed the sides, removed a back panel & attached a sleeve from another garment around the neck then hoicked the shoulder to one side & pinned it through my bra with Reginas gorgeous button brooch.
The skirt was REinvented from a dress.
After removing the bodice of the dress I attached the bottom of a T-shirt to the top edge, lined it with the lining from another skirt and then machine embroidered a section of the bodice to attach to the bottom edge giving me slightly more length.
What did I learn - well, I need a tan if I'm going to wear those colours!
No really the main lesson was confirmation that I'm heading in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!