Dear A & K,
thankyou for having enough faith in me to ask if I'd work out how to make this picture a reality in time for your next class.
| image credit |
I'm not sure if you realised just how excited I was for you to leave that day so I could start cutting up shirts & jumpers
and after selecting a couple of volunteers that's what happened.
It's been a while since an idea for a REinvent had me racing to the finish line and even though in reality it wasn't my idea
it was none the less refreshing to be looking forward to a project that didn't involve another tunic.
It happens on occassion where you can see the process laid out before you like a road map and all you have to do is stick to the speed limit dodging any obstacles that might happen along the way.
With all eyes on the prize I was confident enough to start taking photos
excited to share the journey with you in class
and everyone else via a MakeOver Monday post
| the other volunteers |
after hours of repeated cutting, pinning, trying on & taking off
and the selection of two more volunteers
I have to admit to using your names in vain
as I could see that road along with the idea disappearing over a cliff...
as I could see that road along with the idea disappearing over a cliff...
sorry girls some ideas don't work
[and some people look good in a paper bag]
[and some people look good in a paper bag]
it turns out the bottom of a jumper stitched to the top of a shirt is one of them
gravity is a bitch and as soon as you move the whole thing ends up like a straight jacket
even shaped it not only looked ridiculous it was uncomfortable
to say I was disappointed is an understatement
on a personal level it would've made a great sample for an up-&-coming teens workshop
and I knew how much you both wanted it in your winter wardrobes
so I took my own advice before binning/refiling it
I walked away returning the following morning less pissed off with fresh eyes
and came up with the
so thrilled was I with the outcome I retrieved the original and did a similar thing
which Sue kindly modelled during Saturdays class
I wasn't sure about the pockets
however am totally convinced now.
So there you have it.
Moral to the story
on the rare occassion that some books make better movies
it happens that some garments make better photos...
meaning a shift in perspective can make all the difference
it happens that some garments make better photos...
meaning a shift in perspective can make all the difference
look forward to seeing you soon and hearing your thoughts.
Love, Jody x
ps. not sure I'm able to stop!
And there you go again, making something amazing!!!! I'm so glad you persisted, it certainly paid off.
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDelete