Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Remarkable Friend


I've a friend, 
 Regina 
and she's remarkable 

'Remarkable Regina'

not just because of her text book Leo characteristics  
awesome parenting skills,
 fierce loyalty, patience & passion for those whom she loves
or
because we both love exactly the same things

food


shopping




and Melbourne



Regina is courageously creative
with an ability to turn wire & found objects 
into whatever takes her fancy



during a recent, very brief visit to her home in Sth Gippsland, Victoria
I took the opportunity to snap a few shots in her Studio 

  

Reginas natural talent, focus & drive
is evident by the eclectic range of creative objects 
which emerge from her backyard studio 
*
*   
eccentric jewellery


to fascinating Chandeliers


which occasionally make their way to art shows and exhibitions

The Dragon Lady Chandelier

if you happen to find yourself in the presence of one of her masterpieces
and she's in the room
give her a hug from me. 
xo


5 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written Jody, and all so very true. Nice meeting you. Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I rang her this morning to check that I hadn't gone overboard, namely with the images and of course she was her usual gracious self, making me feel better about exposing her to the world.

      It was lovely to meet you too. x

      Delete
  2. Good creative friends and MELBOURNE....what a fabulous combination...totally envious of your trip xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are lucky if we have one friend who is our soul mate. Lucky for me I get to spend two whole days a week working with mine. Regina is so very talented, absolutely love her chandeliers! Nice you got to spend some time with her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have such a close kindred soul Jody. and so talented and creative! A woman after my own heart! Love her work indeed!! How lucky you are to have each other. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!