Saturday, October 19, 2013

One of Those Things - Hand Stitching my Ideas

I was going to call this post
'Things To Do with your Hands when you Can't Do Much with your Feet'

I rolled my ankle
tearing ligaments
a couple of weeks back
which meant I had to get good at using my hands
to keep from going loopy 
while I sat foot up day after day

armed with quiet resolve
I threaded my needle & started to embroider

first came the idea



then the words




followed by flowers



it was an enjoyable yet strangley awkward experience
[my favourite type]
no instructions in uncharted territory without time constraints  
only stopping once I'd achieved something 
which resembled the original idea I had

I call it 
'one of those things'




sometimes the trickiest part to anything you've never done before

is knowing when to stop

which is what's happening with my next
'one of those things'


I've a feeling I may have gone too far with this one

....and yet strangely
I don't think so

see what I mean
strange & awkward
love it!

In-between embroidering
I managed to crochet my body weight in Grannie Squares
not quite 
however it feels like it 

they take for.ever 


  now all I have to do is Whip Stitch them together
this bit sounds fast...

The other thing I worked out
while indisposed 
was how to take sexy shots 
of a manky foot 
in 100yr old Crocs.



Foot's much better
and ready for 4 days of creating with others
this time next week. 
x

3 comments:

  1. Wow sad that you have hurt you foot but look what you have creatively achieved......hmmm now there is an idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is gorgeous !!! I took a breath when it popped up in my reader. Its so fresh and sweet and I don't know, there is just something about it.... love it!
    ( I have manky old red crocs too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Croc's (or faux Croc's) are my favourite shoes ... I live in them. Love your embroidery .... so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!