Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Treasure Rescue - Secrets

The tipping point for me 
when deciding whether or not to rescue treasure
can sometimes be what's revealed on the 'wrong' side 

fabric can be much nicer when flipped over

garments, especially knitwear if pilled, can look way better when turned inside out

and other items when turned backwards
will sometimes reveal their secrets

as was the case with this framed rose tapestry



after bargaining the price down to an almost acceptable amount
I discovered evidence of Providence on the back
which was all I needed to make my mind up
gladly handing over the cash


Framing & Tapestry by Evelyn Turner [Auntie Eve] for our 40th Wedding Anniversary July 31st 1985

this pretty Orchid Petit Point Tapestry 
was another lovely surprise


so beautifully hand stitched 
 it wasn't until I looked on the back
 that I realised she wasn't in fact a piece of framed fabric


I am very pleased to be able to offer
Auntie Eves thoughtful gift & the hand stitched Orchids 
a new home
along with all the other orphans 
adorning the walls
they will be admired for many years to come
before being rescued [I have no doubt] by someone else 
just as appreciative as I



1 comment:

  1. I do like the wall you are building up. Love all the different hoops especially.

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!