Sunday, July 14, 2013

REinventing :: Get Creative with Holey Knitwear

For a non-REinventor
finding holes in your knitwear
would be alarming


especially when the holes are in 
the perfect Wrap Vest for 
the perfect Change of Heart Skirt


for a REinventor however
any distress or alarm is very short lived 


holes are the perfect excuse to get creative
with some free-machine embroidery


and will inevitably result  
in an even more interesting garment.


Below is a short video tute I did a while back
on how I free-machine embroider
which you may find helpful...or not
and here is the post I did along with the video
which you may also find helpful...or not

either way please excuse what look to be dirty fingernails
and what sounds like my secretarial phone voice.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks. That looks so easy. Do you need the little circular foot or could you do it with a regular foot? It is a way to doodle with a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the video Zom I'm using my 30yr old Bernina and the Foot you see is what they called a Darning Foot - not sure what they are referred to these days however the 'Foot', when in the down position, needs to sit just above the fabric so that you can move the fabric freely. Not all sewing machines will drop there Feed Dogs and for those that don't there is a plate which snaps into place under the foot to raise the fabric away from the Feed Dogs.

      Hope that helps because once you have mastered it free-machine embroidery will change your life. x

      Delete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!