I know I'm old
if I haven't looked in a mirror for a while
then I'll say or do something and my children will be quick to remind me
and I remember things
like when there was no canal development down the road
when Harry lived next door
when my children weren't taller than me
and when Op Shops didn't look like department stores
when Harry lived next door
when my children weren't taller than me
and when Op Shops didn't look like department stores
Second hand recycling boutique retro stores & vintage markets
seem to have replaced the Op Shops of olde
however
there is a shop which reminds me of
what op shops used to look & feel like
and when visiting friends in the south west
a visit to the 'shop at Witchy' is a must.
Described on their fb page as
'a collectors paradise'
it might be
however for me
it's a refreshing reminder of what Op Shops used to be like
where I can rummage & fossick

and so can hubby

seem to have replaced the Op Shops of olde
however
there is a shop which reminds me of
what op shops used to look & feel like
and when visiting friends in the south west
a visit to the 'shop at Witchy' is a must.
Described on their fb page as
'a collectors paradise'
it might be
however for me
it's a refreshing reminder of what Op Shops used to be like
where I can rummage & fossick

and so can hubby

where old books aren't locked behind glass

where some of the sorting has been done for you

and the displays are interesting & enticing

with prices to match.
Unlike some most of my Oppie trips these days
I rarely walk out of the place without some treasure
and always with a sense of having been treated fairly.
I would like to add
that I have no affiliation with The Flying the Wardrobe
and I have no interest in turning back time
however it would be nice if more places dealing in second hand tatt
were as unpretentious as these guys.




It really is getting difficult to find a real op shop these days. I wish The flying wardrobe was a little closer to me. xx
ReplyDelete