Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rescued Op Shop Treasure

Is it okay to post on Anzac Day?

Even though I didn't head off at 5am to the local memorial service
I was up at 4am farewelling my man
with a cuppa & an Anzac Biscuit
as he headed off to the 'trenches' for the next 2wks...

I figure that gives me brownie points enough to warrant sharing the latest 
Op shopping rescued treasure.
*
*
*
I was spoilt yesterday 
my sister took me on an Op shopping excursion with my Dad 

Stella reluctantly tagged along due to school holidays and me not letting her stay home alone
turns out my chldren are op shopping rebels
they passionately don't like them [as in would rather sit in the car reading] - 

I don't let it stop me

Fell in love with this hand knitted feather & fan salmon pink woollen Top
[possibley] for it's REinventing potential


and how well does it go with the vintage bark cloth bag I rescued a couple of weeks ago
[now sitting unpicked & soaking in nappy stuff before being filed ready for...something]


 

The fully lined cotton Pea Coat is going to get worn to death during the Winter of 2013.

 

Not so sure about the Nicola Waite skirt -
possible REinvention or REfashion on the cards for this one


the colour and fabrics are gorgeous however not sure the style is me.


And the books

one of the Op Shops yesterday was flogging them 5 for $2
 I did my best to get my monies worth

the partially nibbled, pink rose paper covered one was the highlight 


 which I'm going to enjoy flicking through today
and look forward to sharing.


     

2 comments:

  1. Ooh very nice indeed Jody! The colours in the top and bag are so pretty and isn't the red in the skirt gorgeously vibrant! Love the look of that jacket I have to say and could see me wearing to death as well! Lucky finds definitely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is Ok to post on Anzac day especially when they are such fine treats to look at.There is still time for your girls to realise that they are missing out big time by not entering in the doors of an OP shop. xx

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!