Over 20yrs ago I used to create garments from vintage bedspreads & curtains
and sell them
the only thing that has changed is I don't sell garments anymore
instead I sell time, space & knowledge in the form of workshops
I haven't sold a garment in over12yrs
[these days I use my children to gauge time]
so
I take it as a compliment
and sell them
the only thing that has changed is I don't sell garments anymore
instead I sell time, space & knowledge in the form of workshops
I haven't sold a garment in over12yrs
[these days I use my children to gauge time]
so
I take it as a compliment
when I see one of my creations hanging in an Op Shop
so far it's happened 3x in the last couple of years
and on 2 of those occasions I've rescued them.
This brocade Vest is over 20yrs old
I know this because I was creating these just before I fell pregnant with Eliza
and she'll be 21 in June.
It was hanging on the 'Designer Rack'
and after I told the Manager my tale
she sold it to me for $2.
This barkcloth Jacket was a custom order -
I remember the client didn't want studs on the breast pockets.
Fortuitously I walked into the Op Shop
[one I don't frequent]
just as the Jacket had been hung up
and walked out with it for the princely sum of $5.
This brocade Vest is over 20yrs old
I know this because I was creating these just before I fell pregnant with Eliza
and she'll be 21 in June.
It was hanging on the 'Designer Rack'
and after I told the Manager my tale
she sold it to me for $2.
This barkcloth Jacket was a custom order -
I remember the client didn't want studs on the breast pockets.
Fortuitously I walked into the Op Shop
[one I don't frequent]
just as the Jacket had been hung up
and walked out with it for the princely sum of $5.
On an Op-shopping excursion while Regina was visiting from Victoria
we popped into one of her x-locals
and discovered this Pearl Jacket.
It had been created 15yrs ago from vintage curtains that Regina had given me
and it wasn't Reginas cos she's still got hers!
This one I didn't rescue
so I hope she found a good home and is treasured.






Talk about that fabulous cycle of life! Love the colours in the vest and you know I'm loving anything bark cloth! GREAT POST jODY. ♥
ReplyDelete