The trip home to NZ wasn't all about
wandering round movie sets
 |
| Looking up to Bilbo Baggins House with the million$ fake tree above. |
 |
| Hobbit feet have been here! |
playing in snow
 |
| Mt Tongariro |
or stopping to play on every playground we saw.
 |
| they still have swings! |
One of us discovered new smells.
 |
| Not a very good Maori. |
and if you've ever been to Rotorua
you'll know why Stella is pinching her nose
and if you haven't
then think old eggs.
 |
| Wai-o-tapu Thermal Wonderland, Rotorua |
We indulged in new tastes.
 |
| Enjoying a Jelly Tip Ice-cream outside the Dairy from the movie 'Boy'. |
discovered new family members
 |
| In typical Kiwi fashiong it took Mum & Heather (Dulcies daughter) about 10mins to work out we were related. |
and visited some old.
We enjoyed unique accommodation
in beautiful places
 |
| Balcony of 'Castaways'. Rocky Bay, Waiheke Island |
and the whole time it was like driving through a postcard -
the view was always breathtakingly beautiful.
 |
| (Mt Ruapahu & Mt Ngauruhoe) |
 |
| Hicks Bay. |
 |
| Tokomaru Bay |
 |
| Trip back from Waiheke Is. |
 |
| Oysters. Rocky Bay, Waiheke Is. |
 |
| Foreshore at Holdens Bay, Rotorua |
with some places perfect for Workshops!
 |
| Abandoned bank - Tokomaru Bay. |
 |
| Abandoned shops - Tokomaru Bay |
 |
| Dis-used Produce & Feed Store. Tokomaru Bay. |
I was constantly reminded how warm & friendly we Kiwis are
 |
| Jill used to live in Scarborough WA before moving to Waiheke Island. |
 |
| I bought some of Jills pink buttons. |
 |
| Gills shop Victorian Gilt is a Retro, Vintage & Antique Wonderland. Waiheke Is. |
 |
| Waiheke Island Saturday Market |
in fact the whole place is so personable
that they remind you which side of the road to drive on
and some towns had signs farewelling you
while also wishing you luck.
 |
| This is to avoid tourists killing themselves & others. |
I can't believe out of 1000 photos
I don't have one photo of me wearing my Going Home Coat
as I wore it practically everyday...maybe mum got one.
I've saved the shopping stories for another post...
Wow what a holiday! Great photos, makes me feel like going home when I see them!
ReplyDeleteMakes me homesick seeing all that beautiful green grass and native foliage...yes we Kiwis certainly are a friendly approachable group of folks :-) My dad reacons we could talk a leg off a chair and you would never go hungry if you got lost and found yourself at a farm house round tea time. Love your photos, glad you had a wonderful holiday.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos, looks like you had an amazing time. I will send a link to these to my daughter, she heads off to NZ next week for a couple of weeks. x
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Jody. Love to read what you are up to. Beautiful photos and country. Maud
ReplyDeleteI love Rotorua! And we all miss Jelly Tip ice cream! I'd also forgotten how photogenic NZ is. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete