so I saved a bit....
the important stuff
like where we went, stayed & how we got around
the 96 Tram will take you to Sydney Road, Brunswick for Op Shopping
the 112 Tram will get you to Brunswick Street, Fitzroy for everything
get off at the bottom of the hill & wander
but only if you're interested in
but only if you're interested in
food, fabric, perfume, retro & new clothes & shoes, art, book shops & jewellery
and Rose Street runs off Brunswick Street where
my favourite market is held, on Saturdays at the moment.
If you're not into public transport then Yellow Taxis are everywhere.
In saying that we did organise a Shuttle Bus to the airport through the hotel which cost us $17 each instead of the Taxi ride of $60
![]() |
| I bought 30m of gorgeous Denim - the floral Swiss Cotton I had already |
![]() |
| my perfume - another B'day present to myself |
and Rose Street runs off Brunswick Street where
my favourite market is held, on Saturdays at the moment.
If you're not into public transport then Yellow Taxis are everywhere.
In saying that we did organise a Shuttle Bus to the airport through the hotel which cost us $17 each instead of the Taxi ride of $60
I recommend the Victoria Hotel in Little Collins St
if you're wanting to stay in the heart of the city, comfortably, for a reasonable price
and there's Alices Thai restaurant right next door to make it really easy.
if you're wanting to stay in the heart of the city, comfortably, for a reasonable price
and there's Alices Thai restaurant right next door to make it really easy.
Gopals is the Hara Krishna restaurant with delicous vegetarian/vegan meals at the end of Little Collins Steet - look to the right.
L'uccello is on the 2nd Floor of Cathedral Arcade on Swanson St, at the end of Collins Street - look to the left.
Also up the stairs in the Cathedral Arcade is the
Retro Star Vintage Shop, the largest vintage clothing shop I've ever seen,
Kimono House for Japanese Textiles
Marias Beads
Buttonmania
Harold & Maude (a review)
I advise that you take one pair of comfy shoes
buy the rest when you're there
you might even be lucky and find some like mine...
Some of things I noticed were
smokers everywhere, with smoking rooms at venues to accommodate them
no rubbish, I don't remember seeing a rubbish bin or anyone picking the stuff up
and mirrors, big mirrors.
I know I've only touched the surface, if that....
Melbourne is like the cultural lungs of Australia
it is breathing new life every day and so changes all the time
and now I'll shut up about how wonderful the place is
and just quietly start saving for the next time....
which is going to have to happen more often!
L'uccello is on the 2nd Floor of Cathedral Arcade on Swanson St, at the end of Collins Street - look to the left.
Also up the stairs in the Cathedral Arcade is the
Retro Star Vintage Shop, the largest vintage clothing shop I've ever seen,
Kimono House for Japanese Textiles
Marias Beads
Buttonmania
Harold & Maude (a review)
I advise that you take one pair of comfy shoes
buy the rest when you're there
you might even be lucky and find some like mine...
![]() |
| Amarena Chic shoes are Op Shop treasure and tights a[nother] B'day present from Reb |
smokers everywhere, with smoking rooms at venues to accommodate them
no rubbish, I don't remember seeing a rubbish bin or anyone picking the stuff up
and mirrors, big mirrors.
I know I've only touched the surface, if that....
Melbourne is like the cultural lungs of Australia
it is breathing new life every day and so changes all the time
and now I'll shut up about how wonderful the place is
and just quietly start saving for the next time....
which is going to have to happen more often!




i love the shoes.
ReplyDeleteMe too. Must have.
DeletePlus, looks like a trip around the world is in order!
those are such happy shoes and nodding my head for most tips, but also educational so thanks.
ReplyDeleteWow, those shoes are awesome. Why do people wear brown and black when you can have something as amazing as that. Cheers Karen. www.madewithmytwohands.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteNo trip to Beautiful Silks? Thats where all my money goes. x te
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to take off to Melbourne right now Jody!! Can't decide which I want more....the eggs or shoes! I could have both at the same time hey? ;D ♥
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you had such a great visit to Melbourne, isn't there just the most amazing variety of shops to discover.
ReplyDeleteWe once lived in Coburg(next to Brunswick) which is a 20 min tram ride into the city centre so we had it all nearly on our doorstep. Going to vist L'uccello next visit,looks great !
Right I'm saving all this info for a trip to Melbourne!! Thanks Jody!
ReplyDeleteJust been! Such an amazing shopping mecca and I went to all your shopping places but Beautiful Silks was where I spent all my money!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the mention Jody. Enjoy your birthday perfume - Kleins Perfumery
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday and Thank you sharing melbourne, you hit all my fav spots, I love it!
ReplyDeleteLove those tights.
Have a great weekend
Melissa x
Catching up with your blog.
ReplyDeleteAs others said, I love those shoes. I tried clicking the link you provided, but it didn't work?..
Do you mind sharing the name of the shoe brand so I may google it?