![]() | |
| (William St, Northbridge) |
Over the past 12yrs I've probably ventured into the City 5x
and 3 of those visits have been in the last 2wks!
I don't get out much....
no seriously I don't.
I have small windows of opportunity in which to meet my business & domestic duties
so my shopping excursions consist of the same few Op Shops
which are conveniently close to the same couple of food shops
where if need be I'm not far from somewhere I can post stuff, pay bills, fill the car.
With no workshops until early Feb.
and it being the teens day off and both girls with gift vouchers & money burning holes
and it being the teens day off and both girls with gift vouchers & money burning holes
we made a day of it
not minding for a moment that it was predicted to hit 36º
cos when it comes to retail therapy there is no discomfort....
We were on a mission to check out the groovy part of the city first -
William Street, Northbridge (the other side of the tracks)
where a few of the shops I've come across while blogging/surfing/lurking live.
We weren't disappointed
It was so nice to walk into a shop and be greeted with a genuine smile & willingness to please -
notably different from my usual shopping centre or spotlight experience.
I put it down to the fact that these shops are owner operated
so they have a vested interest in making sure your experience is pleasant.
It worked
we'll be back
in fact Stella has already asked her Dad to share her 'Gift of Time' in the record shop she found.
So as not to bore you stupid with the photos and stories of our day
I've made a mosaic so you can help yourself at will so to speak.

1. Sacred Ground, 2. Pigeonhole, 3. Lunch, 4. Penguin, 5. Diana,
6. Outre Gallery, 7. Good Luck, 8. My Girls, 9. Noise Pollution, 10. Vintage Records,
11. Pinocchio, 12. The Tree of Life, 13. Rummage, 14. Pen, 15. Pens,
16. The Magic Circus, 17. Rummage, 18. The Tree of LIfe, 19. Rummage, 20. The Maze,
21. Rummage, 22. Rummage, 23. Pigeonhole, 24. Namesake, 25. Feathers

Sounds like you had a wonderful day .... love the photo mosaic .. really nice.
ReplyDeleteWow - 5 times in 12 years! That is amazing to me! It looks like the fifth time was a charm; gorgeous photos, gorgeous lasses.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your fabulous outing
ReplyDeleteThe only time I've been into Perth city lately is the hospital! I need to check out northbridge some time soon.
ReplyDelete