Saturday, January 14, 2012

I've been up since 4am

and this is what I've noticed, done & decided since then - it's now 10:30am.

if you started a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle 2wks ago & have almost convinced yourself they've put the wrong pieces in the box, try looking for pieces upside down, it's amazing how well this works.
 

walking away & coming back with a cuppa will always make the effort you went to the night before look less like a disaster and more like it might be doable.


go for a bike ride with a child and a dog. Not only is it great exercise, for the rest of the day you'll feel less guilty everytime you walk past the dog & the child.



it doesn't matter how early you put the first load on, it'll be you hanging it out and there's bound to be another 3 to follow.


the bird bath you made years ago, that's sat dismissed & forgotten for years, looks good with some water in it.


don't give up on the tomatoes tomato - a bit of sheep poo could make all the difference.


a pancake maker that comes with a recipe means I can make pancakes that are edible - so that's what I'm going to do now - hey if you've got a sneaky way to make fool-proof pancakes please please let this fool know!

Have a great weekend 

Oh
and if you're sewing over the weekend come join in this weeks JaM -
there's still 2days left!

I'm thinking next weeks JaM will be a bit of a challenge
[inspired by Helens post]
so don't go putting the sewing machines away just yet...
in fact if you're at loose ends this w'end
and are in need of an eco friendly simple shoulder tote with a difference
go find
approx. 1m med-heavy weight fabric or 
a pair of jeans & a mens tie to match, which you're prepared to cut up
and you'll be ready to hit the ground running Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Love the jigsaw puzzle .... love doing them when I get time. Don't really have the time at the moment with study. I love the puzzle you are doing .... really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is now 6.15pm here and I bet you are feeling very very tired. I am always amazed at how much gets done with an early start (5.30am but definitely not 4) but rarely actually start the day that early and if I do I have to have a nanna nap about 3. Should I be worried about Monday?????

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!