I know there's people out there,
that having just read the title of this post
are now smirking, nodding knowingly at their computer screens...
It's a dilemma - not only do I not want to live 3 lifetimes
I don't want to be spending this one having to sew constantly.
I don't want to be spending this one having to sew constantly.
Tell me what you would do,
when wandering the local Swap Meet
when wandering the local Swap Meet
you spied a ratty cardboard box under a table
which upon closer inspection contains
the remains of someones sewing bits & pieces
from back in the days when quality meant something
and you never threw anything away...
and a little further along you happen upon a plastic bag
which reveals metres of fabric,
some you recognise from past projects & late night on-line browsing forays.
You're a bigger person than me (or you're my husband) if you could walk away.
I'm thankful for the up coming Op Shop Swap because it will be the perfect opportunity to share some of my treasure
and there's also a little plan percolating for passing treasure on to others for next year.


Why wouldn't you want to live 3 lifetimes? I definitely would. There is never enough time to do everything in just one. It's sort of sad when you see other people's collections being dumped but also good igf the new owner is someone like you who knows how to really appreciate the goodies. Great finds! Cherrie
ReplyDeleteWell of course you just can't walk on by and leave them, they call out your name. They have gone to good home.
ReplyDeleteYou had no choice. It's THAT simple!
ReplyDeleteYou make the most amazing finds - course you couldn't leave them behind - what if no one had brought them and they ended in the trash??? Shock horror .......!!!! No. They were waiting for you :)
ReplyDeleteOh I would have totally succumbed as well!! I have a re-styled dress on my blog tomorrow. Very much coveting that fabric stash - awesome! Sorry I haven't joined the swap I just know it's one thing too many at the moment for me!
ReplyDelete