Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Makes ya proud!

When I was growing up in New Zealand 
being part Maori was something you were secretly proud of.
It's not the case now.
Maori is acknowledged, embraced and celebrated
and there's nothing like a Haka to make this Maori girls' heart swell with pride.


4 comments:

  1. Very stirring - it's an amazing ceremonial (?) routine (?) I always thought it was reserved for very special occasions - not generally just done in public like this ?? So thanks! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that in New Zealand ethnicity is celebrated. I love posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh - I don't even have a teeny bit of maori in me but that made me VERY emotional. so lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody, it must be the Rugby World Cup - there are flashmob haka happening all over the country right now! There was even one here in little old Whanganui the other day [I missed it].

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!