I think I should explain something about my name.
My first name is Jody, my middle name is Pearl and my surname is Lange.
Up until I started doing REinventing Workshops at the Fremantle Art Centre, 12yrs ago,
the only people that ever called me Jody Pearl,
were my Grandfather when I was little and Dan from the day I met him.
the only people that ever called me Jody Pearl,
were my Grandfather when I was little and Dan from the day I met him.
It was 12yrs ago, that the then course co-ordinator at the Art Centre
started advertising my workshops under the title 'Jody Pearl',
it wasn't at my suggestion, she just did it.
started advertising my workshops under the title 'Jody Pearl',
it wasn't at my suggestion, she just did it.
Initially I was a little uncomfortable because up to that point
only two people had ever addressed me in this way
and it has caused some confusion & minor irritation to others over the years.
only two people had ever addressed me in this way
and it has caused some confusion & minor irritation to others over the years.
There is nothing sinister or untoward happening here
Jody Pearl is my stage name if you like.
It is my name, I inherited it from my Great-grandmother.
I like it a whole lot, so will continue to use it
and besides if it wasn't for the Pearl in my name,
articles like the one that was written up in the Property section of todays Sunday Times
wouldn't have the same impact.
Jody Pearl is my stage name if you like.
It is my name, I inherited it from my Great-grandmother.
I like it a whole lot, so will continue to use it
and besides if it wasn't for the Pearl in my name,
articles like the one that was written up in the Property section of todays Sunday Times
wouldn't have the same impact.

Funny thing names. Where I come from Jody Pearl would be said with a strong southern US accent and you might be either a precious belle or even a po'white trash. You are obviously neither of those. Through a strange set of circumstances you have made it a great business/personal name.
ReplyDeleteI love the regal pose of all the Pearls but I can only imagine the ongoing comments from the young 'Royals'as they were encouraged by the photographer.
Those, I imagine, would have been real ' Pearls of Wisdom"
Joanie
Haha - po'white trash that's me!
ReplyDeleteThe dog and I were the only ones that thought it would be fun and if the photographer hadn't got the shots as quickly as he did it would have been just the dog and I left standing.