I'm trying not to eat meat.
Over the years I've become lazy with what I put in my mouth.
I prepare & eat the same meals with no desire to do either really, so as with smoking I just stopped.
Again, like giving up smoking I've had to remove meat from my consciousness - so Dan's head chef and I do my own thing.
I'm taking it slowly, one day at a time, I haven't rushed off and bought up every vego cook book or printed reams on the subject, rather I'm approaching this intuitively.
I realise I require certain minerals & vitamins to stay healthy so I include these in my diet.
It turns out there's nothing to be scared of - it's been easy & enjoyable so far.
One of my favourite meals is this 'pizzary thing' which I've made for Dan and I on occasion - not sure the girls are up to tackling the combination of ingredients (that's a whole other post!)
While preparing it for our lunch today, Dan asked "is that the yummy thing you make'? Being a meat & 3 veg (3x a day if he could!) type of bloke I was overwhelmed with the desire to squeeze him - I restrained myself and instead gave him the bigger of the two.
I'm also trying to be more generous & understanding and with that in mind I will share with you what goes into;
'The Yummy Thing'
Start with Flat Bread spread with tomato paste or pasta sauce.Lay on half of the bread in this order-
- chunks of Avocado
- sliced Capsicum
- tiniest bit of sliced onion
- sliced mushroom
- sliced zucchini
- cubed Feta (Danish is my favourite)


Yum - if we get time to catch up soon I want to eat one of THOSE :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are home and hosed.
XX
Soon - yes please!
ReplyDeleteWowee!
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed.
After about 6 months of not eating meat, i found to my amazement that everything started to taste different and I started to get a real kick out of vegetables.
This coming from an ex-roast diva.
You didn't say why you've given it up.
Health or ethics? Just curious...
Thanks Shula.
ReplyDeleteWhat I'm amazed by the most is how much I don't miss it!
Mostly I'd become bored with food and would become quite anxious at the thought of having to prepare another meal focused around meat.
I've also cut the crap back to a minimum.
No meat less sugar and I feel healthier, which was the main reason for doing it - mind & body working as a team.