Monday, September 13, 2010

REinvention

There are those that think making an outfit to go with shoes is a little odd 
- in the world of REinventing nothing is odd, everything makes sense.

I'd absolutely nothing appropriate in my wardrobe to wear with my new brown shoes, then found these Fishermans Pants in my filing, which I knew immediately would work once REinvented - having done it for myself before & for others.


By combining 'me' (size + height), with the style of shoe (elegant chunky - just like me!), I figured I'd be comfortable if the finished garment was either long or 3/4 length.


I also wanted to keep the garment as plain as possible so opted for 3/4 length then I'd have the option of wearing it with pants or tights - giving the overall 'look' the extra interest I felt I'd need.


 It's a Keeper, having passed the wearability test, as it was very comfortable & didn't require any tweaking or adjusting during it's debut - the Open Studio yesterday.
I'm looking forward to introducing a few new brown items to the wardrobe so I don't wear this one out!


 I should report that the new shoes are extremely comfortable. I was a little nervous, when after a couple of 8hr days they were still a little firm - it took 3 wears to wear them in and now they're as comfy as my Docs.

15 comments:

  1. This is really nice! It fits so well! Love the shoes and necklace as well! Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jody,
    would love to know how you made this, I have several pairs of these pants that I no longer wear.
    I hope that one day you travel to melbourne to do a class or two!

    regards,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. a magical transformation...
    I'm now looking at my own fisherman's pants in a new light.
    and the shoes....
    love them, are they Docs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is amazing! I have 3 pairs of fisherman's pants collecting dust somewhere...I'll have to pull them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe..before there was children there was shoes! I used to base all outfits around my fav shoes :)

    your shoes are great...i love the "elegant, chunky" and the re-invented pants/overall is fab! love the tights...you look very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou - what a wonderful way to start the day - reading your lovely comments!

    Linda in Melbourne - I'm working on a commercial pattern for this design which will be available in the New Year. It will be suitable for fabric & transforming existing garments. Love Melbourne & would jump to do a workshop there!

    handandspiritstudio - the shoes are El Naturalista.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi jody,
    look forward to being able to purchase your pattern in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shoes aren't Docs they're a Spanish label, 'El Naturalista'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pants to dress makeover. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pants to dress makeover. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shoes and the dress turned out really well. Love the idea of wide straps turning into a binding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou for the lovely comments and well spotted Esther!

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!