I heard on the radio this morning that Melbourne has been rated the 3rd best city in the WORLD in which to live.
After a bit of sleuthing I think this is where it was quoted from.
After a bit of sleuthing I think this is where it was quoted from.
I notice signs.
I find them a direct reflection of the individual or body that erected them.On occasion I've found a sign an abuse of my personal space as I'm not empowered or enlightened by the message but rather embittered & uncomfortable as I feel the anger in which it was written.
An example is an Op Shop not far from home. The setup sits on 1/4 acre block in a fairly affluent suburb & comprises an old house converted into the shop, a storage/sorting shed, surrounded by a rough un-sealed area for parking approx. 12 cars and I've counted 15 signs telling me the various things I CAN NOT DO and that's before I've parked the car!
That's why I'm not surprised by the revelation today that Melbourne is a great city to live in as I noticed a depth in which she portrayed herself with her signs and was compelled to photograph some of them.They indicate a city that respects its past, present & future generations and is comfortable & confident enough not to take itself too seriously on occassion



No comments:
Post a Comment
Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!