3days to get there and 3 days back with a week in between to see people.
I never gave the distance a thought until our first night (having just driven for 12hrs) when I contemplated the reality (enormity) of the drive knowing I was going to have to do it again - in reverse! That was the only time I felt anxious as I enjoyed the monotony of the driving too much to question it, it was a necessary evil, the means to an end.
The end being 3 very important people in 3 very different places.
I was on mission
which I wanted to share with my girls
hoping to find answers to some questions
while doing something out of the ordinary
In Port Fairy we connected with family we didn't know we had,
at Mt Mirniong I got to say goodbye to someone very special,
and while visiting my friend in Boolara I gained perspective.
What the girls have gained from the experience will be made evident over time I think.
Stella keeps thanking me for the experience and Eliza is alot more open with her shows of affection. Dan missed us and the dog won't shut up!
All in all the 'mission' was a huge success - not one I feel the need to repeat...just yet!
I never gave the distance a thought until our first night (having just driven for 12hrs) when I contemplated the reality (enormity) of the drive knowing I was going to have to do it again - in reverse! That was the only time I felt anxious as I enjoyed the monotony of the driving too much to question it, it was a necessary evil, the means to an end.
The end being 3 very important people in 3 very different places.
I was on mission
which I wanted to share with my girls
hoping to find answers to some questions
while doing something out of the ordinary
In Port Fairy we connected with family we didn't know we had,
at Mt Mirniong I got to say goodbye to someone very special,
and while visiting my friend in Boolara I gained perspective.
What the girls have gained from the experience will be made evident over time I think.
Stella keeps thanking me for the experience and Eliza is alot more open with her shows of affection. Dan missed us and the dog won't shut up!
All in all the 'mission' was a huge success - not one I feel the need to repeat...just yet!
ps. I'll post more photos in the next day or so.

And I LOVE that photo, can I have a copy?
ReplyDeleteYes of course!
ReplyDelete