
...this takes refashioning to a whole new level...all I needed was a length of Op-shop sourced fabric (in my favourite colour!), a re-used invisible zip (I had filed), a little imagination (free-hand machine embroidery) and a few hours (I had up my sleeve)!
This was my Christmas Day Skirt. There's a photo on 'Re-invented Garments' of Veronica in the one she made during the last lot of workshops. Personally I love no-pattern sewing as I find it sooooo very liberating however I do realise the importance of commercial patterns in others sewing and this is why I am going to offer 'Playing with Patterns' during 1st Term at The George.
We're away as of tomorrow for 8days of sun, sand, surf & sleeping in which time I will recharge and be back ready for whatever awaits!
We're away as of tomorrow for 8days of sun, sand, surf & sleeping in which time I will recharge and be back ready for whatever awaits!
very clever.
ReplyDeletei am thinking it might be a little like this one i made:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8334500@N07/2046068068/in/set-72157603235124341/
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8334500@N07/2046068292/in/set-72157603235124341/
this can be worn with the 'waterfall' as you call it to the back, front, side, whatever.
one of my all time favs! :)
i love how you folded over the top and that colour! gorgeous.
I really enjoyed making this one and the couple of times I've helped others to do the same. I saw one recently that had the detail (Waterfall) in the front running at an angle.
ReplyDelete