Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Maybe a REinventing Exhibition

I felt an immediate connection with Loes Veenstra

not because I'm knitting 58yrs worth of Jumpers

it's because I've already sewn 20yrs worth of REinventions

and
like Loes
I've pretty much still got everyone of them



Since 1955, Loes Veenstra has knitted over 550 sweaters and stored them in her home on the 2nd Carnissestraat in Rotterdam. The sweaters have never been worn. Until today.
Loes and the fruit of her decades of knitting were 'discovered' by Museum Rotterdam. The museum has put her sweaters on display as part of the exhibition ´Over leven in Carnisse´ (Life in Carnisse), on show until January 18, 2013 in Gemaal op Zuid (Pretorialaan 141, Rotterdam).


these days I struggle with parting with anything I create
and without seeking professional help I've concluded
that for me it's not about the outcome
it's all about the journey 
[at the moment]

and maybe 
I'll look forward to the day there's
a REinventing exhibition 
in a Musuem
with a flash mob of
past, present & future workshop participants 
wearing their creations & mine
whilst dancing in the streets.....

sitting on a throne kinda appeals too.

2 comments:

  1. omg, that was amazing Jody!! :D
    You find the best videos and I found myself swaying along with all of them to the music! lol
    What an incredible knitter she must be.
    Yep I can just picture you in the throne watching all of your works of art parading past you!
    The only throne I can see me on is the loo! :))))))))) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is unseasonably cold and rainy in what is supposed to be the official start of summer in the US. This warmed my heart as much as any sunny day!

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!