Most of the preparations were done in the days leading up to the first ever
Studio Christmas Tea Party
Studio Christmas Tea Party
& the REhanging of Bunting.
It was wonderful to witness some
old pals getting REaquainted
![]() |
| Charles in his hew Shirt & Alex in her latest Frock |
![]() |
| Inge & Alex |
while those that have only seen each other in photos on the Blog mingled
chatted & snacked
before we all headed over to the Present Tree
![]() |
| Michelle & Inge |
![]() |
| Georgie |
![]() |
| Judith |
![]() |
| Alex |
![]() |
| Bree |
![]() |
| Bron |
![]() |
| Jeanette |
The brief for the 'present givers' was
1 Christmas themed item, 1 sewing related item & 1 handmade item
[min. 3 items max 5]
as people arrived they popped their bread & butter sized plate of yummies on the table in the Studio
their present under the Present Tree
and then chose a number from the Ballot Basket
- the number determining at which point you got to choose your present.
When it came to Jo's turn to wander up & make her selection
![]() |
| Jo |
before going with her initial gut feeling & choosing mine
Jo then proceeded to squeal at each of the pattern-wrapped-tied-with-thread-parcels
which I might add did most others while unwrapping theirs
Jo received 4 items in her parcel
and once she discovered the last one was
Bunting
Bunting
which matched her dress
she decided it was in fact
a Bunting Belt & one of the other gifts, the Bobbin Holder, a Bracelet
some people can wear anything with style & grace!
Like magic
every gift given was received by the perfect person
Judiths parcel contained
a hand knitted Collar with crocheted flowers
which I will wear with everything in Winter
and could spell the need to visit Melbourne again.
![]() |
| Me |
The time, effort & love that went into each gift
was equally matched by the joy each of us felt in the receiving
and in keeping with the spirit of giving & sharing
which I feel I have also been on the receiving end of all year with
these wonderful people walking in & out of my life & my Studio
on a regular basis

I had prepared a small lesson in Frippery making
which I feel I have also been on the receiving end of all year with
these wonderful people walking in & out of my life & my Studio
on a regular basis

I had prepared a small lesson in Frippery making
which those that could
did
make Frippery

and at the end of the day
when everyone was gone
when everyone was gone
I was pleased....
and looking forward to a month off.


































Oh I so wished we lived closer! What fun!
ReplyDeleteOh that looks fantastic. All the amazingly beautiful colours of the whole day were stunning. It appears that you all had an awesome time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a FAB day to end your busy year with!!!and of course a great day for all your students to celebrate their acheivements over the year.......
ReplyDeleteLove the pics with all the different expressions of joy while opening their presents........and all the colorful clothing.......
What a wonderful day, Thank you for sharing
ReplyDelete