Saturday, May 21, 2011

Why I shop where I shop...

Yesterday was the wettest day we've seen in Perth for over 12mths and I decided to go check out the Craft & Quilt Fair at the Convention Centre - for the first time - on the train.
The train trip was sooo easy, can't believe I've never done it before - I'm definitely doing it again.
Why would you sit in traffic, crawling for miles, when in 20mins & $1.80 later, you're there.
I need to get out more!

Denise from Hot Possum is the first stockist of my Change of Heart Skirt pattern. 
The patterns, along with her new quilts & homewares were launched at the Perth Craft & Quilt Fair and being as I'd never been to one before I wanted to check it all out - especially wanted to find out if she'd sold a pattern.
How gorgeous is Denise and look at her handiwork - not just the skirt but all those quilts & cushions - she created them!  

 Here's a closer look at her and the Change of Heart Skirt patterns!

Much to my relief & surprise she had sold more than one pattern, in fact they were selling like hot cakes - YeeHaa!

This vintage trunk of fabric was also disappearing at an alarming rate.

I had a really good look around, taking my time to wander up and down each aisle.
It was a quilters wonderland. The fact I'm not a quilter didn't stop me from finding something to buy.


 It was on the trip home when I stopped into the local Op Shop that I found my sort of treasure and was reminded that this is why I like to shop where I do.

  
 
The Desigual skirt was $4 and the Roisin Dubh top was &2.50.
They're destined for the filing, until I determine what they're going to be best in - I'm already thinking the skirt will look amazing in a tunic or coat....

I wonder if you found treasure this week and where you like to shop.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jody, here is where I shop:
    I admired your skirt kits at the show, bought some quilting gadgets and only touched the fabrics!!
    Online I bought a book "ReSew", turn thrift-store finds into fabulous designs.
    Today I went to the Red Cross Bindaring Clothing/Boutique Sale at the Showground. It was worth waiting in line, I got some great bargains, some for reinventing.
    No more shopping now, back behind the sewing machine.
    Maud

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Desigual” means “unequal” in Spanish.

    FYI, REinventing Fashion fan, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maud - you've had a good week! Look forward to hearing about the book.

    Nadine - I like that it means unequal just wish I could pronounce it properly!

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!