of the school holidays was yesterday so a few of us met at the beach for a catch-up.
(kids looking toward Africa from Woodies Point)Over the weekend I managed to REfashion a gatefrom an old screen door (the bottom section which I sawed off) that Reb and I rescued from the local 'throw-out-ya-dead'.
It was the w'end we were heading off to our lunch & workshop commitments when we spied it in a pile on the side of the road so with one either end of this thing we lugged it back to the car - I'm sure we looked as stupid as we felt.
At the time I had no idea what I was going to with it
only it was too good an opportunity to pass up
I said to Reb as we're driving home to hurriedly drop it off
so we culd get to our respective appointments "I bet Dan's going to say, WTF do you want with a door"
true to form that's exactly what he said
he rarely lets me down!
using the same door I also fenced off another little vege garden that gets great morning sun
prompted by the dog recently deciding
it's her favourite place to lie & watch the world go by

so along with happy, productive chickens

the Mulberry Tree is dripping fruit

soon we'll have strawberries

along with Rainbow Chard, Snow Peas (if whatever's gnawing them will stop), Lettuces, Beetroot, Cucumbers and Capsicums!
~oooOooo~
An up-date on the fence and gates.
all has been replaced





No comments:
Post a Comment
Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!