'MakeOver Monday'
... sharing how I cut up & REinvent items from my wardrobe
in the hope you'll pick up scissors & start cutting up yours!
... sharing how I cut up & REinvent items from my wardrobe
in the hope you'll pick up scissors & start cutting up yours!
You know how it goes...
three people in a room swapping life stories
when one mentions how important it is to challenge yourself
and someone else jumps in suggesting a
Pants to Frock REinventing Challenge would be a good idea
and before you know it
everyone's getting excited about having a breakfast catch-up in a months time
to check out each others creations.
It took me a little while to wrap my head around how best to tackle the challenge
however with a new found love for linen
however with a new found love for linen
I armed myself with two op shop sourced linen pillowcases
a pair of linen pants
and a scrap of vintage floral cotton [an after thought]
and created a Pearl Frock
complete with pockets
which I wore with pride
to catch-up with Alex & Denise at our breaky rendevous
for show & tell
to catch-up with Alex & Denise at our breaky rendevous
for show & tell
where Denise shared her once stretchy floral paisley printed as new op shop sourced jeans
transformed into a sexy sleeveless shift complete with pocket
and Alex had stitched her embroidered linen pants into a combined top/bolero attached to a billowing cotton skirt for a very bohemian look.
transformed into a sexy sleeveless shift complete with pocket
and Alex had stitched her embroidered linen pants into a combined top/bolero attached to a billowing cotton skirt for a very bohemian look.
It was so much fun
we're already talking next time.
ps. joining in with Not Dead Yet and Not Dressed as Lamb.
we're already talking next time.
ps. joining in with Not Dead Yet and Not Dressed as Lamb.






Great video - I love seeing women show off and admire the things everyone has made. Of course, that's a fantastic dress, I'm wild for the dots. Everyone has outdone themselves.
ReplyDeleteLove this re-creation, and your wonderful video. So creative and what a fab dress! Thanks for linking,
ReplyDelete-Patti
http://notdeadyetstyle.com
I love linen and that gorgeous dot pillowcase just makes it. Super and thanks for the post
ReplyDelete