Monday, June 17, 2013

What's on Sally :: Silk & Sequins Shirt & Skirt

As I contemplate stepping back from workshops for the whole of next Term

I started to freak out about not having any images to share over that time

turns out I have enough images of past REinvents 
to keep us going for a few years Terms

not that I would consider opting-out for that long

I found these couple of older REinvents 
I recently REphotographed

***Everything you are about to see has been
Op Shop sourced.

The Alannah Hill silk & sequin shrug 
was big enough for a toddler
and because I wanted to wear it
the sides were carefully unpicked and opened 
the finished edges from a filed garment were added to the openings for width 
and along the hem edge for length

the Rag Rose Brooch was created for another garment entirely 

that's the beauty of brooches
they're versatile.


To date I have only ever worn it over this
Shirt & Skirt Frock REinvent
I liked how you could dress it up or dress it down

The bodice of the Frock
is the reverse of a shirt

and the skirt of the Frock 
is the Skirt 'as is'




all I've done to change the skirt [apart from attach it to the bodice] 
is add the fronts of the shirt to disguise & level out the original shaped skirt hem


and the straps came out of the shirt sleeves.



There weren't many left-overs from this REinvent.


5 comments:

  1. "All you did" to the skirt was brilliant. This is a beautiful refashion and a beautiful outfit. I love the way it goes together as though it was always intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jody I so love that frock!! So clever and oh so pretty! and the shrug is truly innovation itself!(I hope that's what I'm trying to say!!! lol)...........yep it is, I just googled it! Both items match so well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your re-invents. I bring things home to do something with and either never get around to it or just can't 'see' what they could be. I'll just walk around them a little more and they may one day tell me what to do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are doing Ok...and the break won't be for too long...all your reinvents are so worth show casing here on the blog for all to see. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jody - I love that dress, it's so gorgeous. I must thank you for making me into an op shop addict! I popped into one yesterday when I dropped Hannah off to her first day at work (well it was right next door, who could resist!) Then I found a couple of gorgeous dresses, planning to re-do as funky evening/wedding wear, and the bonus is I get to take them home, chat about what I'm going to do with them with Hannah and she gets as enthusiastic as I do - could be another convert! She's doing some textile and fashion units at uni - I'm so jealous :) I definitely don't look at op shops finds in the same way now, you've helped me with my creative block ... thank you lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!