Sunday, June 30, 2013

How To :: Creating the Perfect Workshop Space

Regardless of what workshop/class you are considering conducting
if you never do anything else
I would strongly suggest
not to sit participants at separate tables

I learnt this lesson years ago 
and was reminded of it when I saw an image of someone elses sewing class on bookface
- everyone was sitting at their own tables
 looking very serious & sombre

at one stage yesterday I wandered round the corner of the Studio from a trip out the back
straight into a frothy cloud of laughter & chatter 
the girls in my full-to-bursting Saturday morning class
are more than capable of creating their many & varied projects in this atmosphere


l-r Kate, Sue, Bron, Bree, Georgie, Jeanette

and as long as there's room to 
move around
do a bit of fabric shopping, make a cuppa & cut out projects

you have created the perfect workshop space


although 
a bit more room would be nice....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!