Come see what the girls created during the first ever one day
Tie Collar & Bib Workshop
They were a group meeting for the first time
and as always were best friends in the first 5mins.
![]() |
| l-r Sue, Charlotte, Alex & Rennae |
As with any workshop I haven't conducted before
I can only run scenarios through in my head
and hope that my instincts don't let me down
and that everyone achieves their desired outcome....
happy to report my instincts are pretty sharp.
Charlottes Collar
was created by combining a mens tie with a frock collar, belt & pearl buttons
and this one
from a mens cravat & tie
with some impromptu tea dyed lace embellishing.
Rennae had fun creating her Collars with her hubbys donated ties and a couple of mine
Sues fancy Bib was created by combining a mens tie with favourite fabrics, doilies & collected buttons
and a cheeky addition right at the end.
Alex is back
and worked on her Jigsaw Jacket
when she wasn't taking photos of us all
Sue brought along her Nuturing & Wellness Cakes to share
and told the story of how everytime she made & shared these cakes
a dear friend who was on the brink of death seemed to
reach another milestone on her road to recovery.
they were beyond delicious
and knowing the story you can't help but feel nutured when eating them
and I will post the recipe once I've time
because as I type I should be packing
for another trip south.











Your girls were all so clever and creative weren't they Jody! Esp liking the colour and pattern to Charlotte's piece, but I think my fav is Rennae's first one of green and brown. She's made them both look like really elegant ruffled collars!
ReplyDeleteThose little cakes look so delish and will have a go at making them when you get the time for the recipe. Yumm. Have a great time down south. ♥
Hi Jody, its been awhile since I dropped by...........don't know where the weeks are going!
ReplyDeleteYep you sure have the right mix going, again those happy faces with their fantastic creations.
Sure could use a wellness cake myself, still in bed and going to stay there for the morning, cups of tea and reading and lots of rest today........Enjoy your break.X