Thursday, February 28, 2013

Op Shop Rescues

I'm still traumatised

my favourite Op Shop has had a new manager since before Christmas
and it isn't worth the drive anymore....

not too traumatised though that I haven't been looking for a new favourite

and in doing so 
have been finding treasure worth rescuing.

 I'm in love with Cardy REinvents
and this is going to make a gorgeous addition to the winter wardrobe
[I also love winter]


 one day I'll offer a vintage sewing workshop
where we'll adapt & play at making styles from yesteryear wearable today


and of course
I need more fabric


 like I need more tablecloths


ties



 and buttons



and occassionally
if I'm after something in particular and I know the Oppys won't deliver
 I'll have a look on-line

which is where I found these vintage sewing machine drawers 
now destined for display/storage purposes in the Studio.




4 comments:

  1. I love Winter too.
    A pretty cardigan find there.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done, love all your lovely finds. Our Op Shop is pretty much not worth the effort these days either. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day worth having I say when the haul is that good....I love love the drawers..they look like the ones out of my singer sewing treadle machine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Unfair I say! All that goodness and it's not mine!!! :))
    Lucky you Jody, so well done with those finds. Don't you love the way so many of the male models had the obligatory ciggy in their hand back in the day! and sometimes the women too. Wouldn't be caught dead with one now. Is that bark cloth I see in amongst all that lovely fabric?
    Those drawers are gorgeous....did you happen to get them from FB, coz a friend of mine had some up for sale a couple of weeks back, and now I regret not getting them at the price they were! Oh well, you snooze you lose!! Enjoy your finds and have fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!