Sunday, October 28, 2012

JaM - A Week of Sewing Workshops

JaM - taking Just a Moment to gather & share the things you have noticed, consumed, created &/or bought during your week....

Sewing workshops in the Studio are a huge part of my life 
I love the sharing caring nature of them
that everyone when they walk in are on the same level
regardless of gender, age, nationality and experience,
and with the start of a new Term
 the Studio is electric with excitement & enthusiasm

so I thought I'd share a little of how it works.

 Friday mornings are a panic

as I try to find somewhere to hide put the stuff I've been creating earlier in the week
 I then vacuum, wipe down, pick up, 
make sure there's enough cups & milk, arrange the bickies
and put the jug on.

Then they're here

sometimes early
sometimes a little late

but always excited.
 
Alex isn't making a frock
I'm delighted when they turn up to create in clothes they've already REcreated,

Jo creating a Hoody pattern while wearing her Breathless REinvention.
Bron REfashioned her shirt by removing the collar & adding a lick of shirring.


are comfortable & confident enough to try their hand at creating from patten books

Kate creating her grand-daughters Christmas presents.

and bring back an outfit which was started during class & finished at home.

Jeanette REinvented a once-too-big-dress into a two piece outfit ready for Christmas lunches.

The Friday REinventing workshop is all day
so we make time to step away from the sewing machines
to enjoy a bite, more catching-up & the garden

l-r Alex, Bron, Jo, Kate, Jeanette.

before heading back in to make more.

Brons REcreated Wrap Skirt

Saturdays are slightly different in they're back-to-back classes
with enough time for a banana & quick tidy in between.

In the morning we REinvent

l-r Michelle, Georgie, Su Ann, Alex, Bree.
and in the avo we hone skills & learn new ones during the Basics & Beyond class.

l-r Alex-in-place-of-Inge, Charles, Jeanette, Sarah.
For me it's endlessly rewarding to share someones joy 
as they experience their own creativity & sewing success for the first time

or the fiftieth

Jeanettes Journal Cover is her first sewing project.

and it's an absolute pleasure to welcome a brand new sewing machine to our world
knowing the thought, care & research that went into this moment.

Brees Bernina
I love what I do 
mostly because others love it too.






5 comments:

  1. ...and I love reading all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Jody Pearl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is as much fun as you say...thanks for sharing your talent with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always like... The Bands back together,simply MAGIC**
    Mmmwah Alexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it my comment stayed, thanks Bron

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!