Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Melbourne My Way

Finally
the Android is talking to the Mac
and I have photos

this was the first photo I took in the city
and turns out to be the perfect reflection of the city for me
because Melbourne is
 vibrant, 
a little bit wet
and full of hidden treasures.....

it wasn't until Photoshopping this image that I realised I was that close to a Lincraft Store....
next time!


 I'm going to try not to bore you with holiday snaps

of other peoples gardens

Dame Ednas farewell gift to Melbourne - a 13metre high bunch of Gladioli
or stories of the abundance of creative talent at my favourite Market
or try and explain why Neil is my favourite stall holder
who just happened to be wearing his favourite vest
or why he acquired two new admirers on the day


and I'll let you read about Mr Buckethead
and his escapades if you so wish....

Dan got presents too

I'll also not tire you with endless images of the countless amazing statues in the city
cos I only took 3 
and this was the best of them...


likewise I wont carry on about my SiL's two extremely intelligent & seriously gorgeous
West Highland Terriers,
whom we visited with for 2days in Port Melbourne,
only to say that madam here is the reason we want one!


and while on the subject of separating your needs from your wants

Dear Ross, 
Reb wants needs one of these.....

 

Turns out I can't bore you with food & shopping photos
cos I was too busy eating it & buying it to take many photos of it
I will however share that 
we both arrived with a suitcase each
(although Reb was canny & had a smaller one inside her big one)
and after a week our bags were at capacity
and we both sent 4 parcels home.

Neither of us were prepared for the delights of L'uccello

 
where we stocked up on important stuff
and I found the perfect birthday present to myself.

Ayala Bar knitted Seed & Bud necklace made in Israel

It wasn't all shopping & eating,
we managed to soak up a bit of art & culture in our travels


and made time to REconnect with significant others

 The Author & The Illustrator - with 2 books under their collaborative belts
We also walked weeks
caught trams
taxis
went to a Burlesque Show
spent the day with Regina & met her friends
bought books, boots, bags & clothes
found fabric
and we op shopped

 and have you noticed how Reb is bathed in light like she's wearing a halo
that's because she is an angel

the Traveling Companion Angel
Reb wearing her nuno felted silk collar b'day present from me with her brooch

Turns out I was the only one with a camera
so all shots except for this one are of others & things
Regina accidentally took this & it's my favourite


I'm leaving
but will be back to visit the city that loves itself
and makes it so easy for others to love it too....


8 comments:

  1. well, well...the travel blogger....not that you had time too !!!!!!!.......love the shot of you in your jkt!!!!! and your travelling companion Angel.....2 punky chicky - babes Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP!!!

    Gotta love Melbourne, and this gives me a serious case of textile envy! It makes me want to dive into my piles of habby stuff I bought in Milan. I simply drool looking at that place that I didn't know existed, but am so delighted it does.

    And that lighthouse! Lighthouses are my thing <3

    Thee are some days I really miss being a bagmaker. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I so want to go to Melbourne now! Love that haby shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Jody! I'm lost for words, but so thoroughly enjoyed your take on Melbourne along with all those fab photos! L'uccello...drooling at the thought now! :)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melbourne has so many hidden treasures...you seemed to have uncovered some great places and I know you must be making the list for the next trip already.
    A trip is made even more enjoyable when you have fab traveling companions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to my trip, thanks for the heads up on must see places, shops that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, looks like you had the BEST time. We all understand, everyone NEEDS a lighthouse, just hope hubby GETS IT! L'uccello looks amazing, and you look fab from the back with your jacket, dress, bag, tights and boots and I am absolutely sure you look fantastic from the front as well, catcha Saturday Mx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a ball,, love the haby shop you found.. I came across a little hidden gem of a habby shop called pee wee's on my last visit.. I soo would love to go back to do some more shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!