Friday, July 6, 2012

Bags for Sick Kids

I don't know what's going on
- have I posted nearly everyday this week?

think I'm hanging out here trying to avoid the inevitable

REorganising the Studio for
a mammoth Splice Skirt Workshop tomorrow
*
*
*
there I've said it

*

now I have to go do it!


Before I go just wanted to share these bags 


I was commissioned last year to create
Comfort Bags
for Princess Margaret Childrens Hospital
they're REinvented denim jeans into bags with mens ties as straps
- they'll go home with mums & dads full of goodies, treats & info 
pertaining to the health & well being of their child.

I'd really like to think that this humble REinvention 
created with care & thought
 will bring smiles to parents struggling with stresses of a sick child

- it's the simplest of things that often make the biggest difference don't you think

....and none of them need to know that I broke 3 needles
 and stuck the needle through my finger in the process!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how great are those bags and such a fantastic cause....I know they will be so gratefully received. So yay for procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags are awesome. I think it's wonderful that you have done this. It is so true that it's the simple things that make the biggest difference. I think of how much we grow when we give and do to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right Jody. Simple things or thoughts can make all the difference sometimes. Those parents will probably go home feeling a little lighter at heart for the gift of all that thoughtful caring that will fill those lovely bags of yours. and I'll bet your heart feels much lighter for having done them!?
    Happy splicing!....oh of course that's today. Hope you're having fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to do,Jody. I bet your kindness made a huge difference. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your heart is enormous.... they will make such a difference, imagine taking home all the info you get from PMH in a shopper bag yuk.... these are just wonderful.......

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!