Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Latest REinvention - The Boobs & Bottom Jumper


Sometimes I name my clothes.


Naming my latest REinvention wasn't difficult.

This jumper was REcreated
using two wool jumpers & a cotton knit long sleeve T-shirt.


I like a boat neck best on my tops 
and after cutting to shape the orange jumper,
I inserted the unpicked side seam of the pinky jumper around the neck edge,
creating a narrow roll collar. 


I also used another finished edge from the pinky Jumper
to achieve the hem edge I desired.


At the moment the sleeve edges are finished with overlocking stitch
which I'm in 2-minds over....

 if I come across a better finish I'll use it.

It was the sleeves however which determined this REcreations name.




What else was I going to call it
The Tits & Bum Jumper 
would have been really childish.

Perhaps if I knew the name of the artist 
or even the artworks title 
 I'd consider a name change....
 
Don't forget to add your questions to the list of questions regarding Knitwear REinventions.
Anything & everything you have ever wanted to know about cutting up your Jumpers
can be asked either below in the comments or here or over here.
 I'll compile them and work out the best way to show you the answers.

5 comments:

  1. I love it!...The combination so works.
    Wish I had the vision to re-invent my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed Jody! Looks a bit Michelangelo-ish to me, but I'm not an expert. How about Mike's Bits and Pieces!!?? lolol. Sorry, very sad humour I have! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very clever Jody and I think the name is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that ... you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the way you combine things into something really lovely...

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!