I'll occasionally take a peak over on Ebay and Gumtree
just to see if there's an older model Bernina close by looking for a new home.
It's not that I need another sewing machine, I don't, I've got plenty
and being that I encourage all participants in classes to bring their own machines
buying another sewing machine would be pure indulgence.
On the rare occasion my favourite sewing machines do appear for sale, they're usually in outer woopwoop
and/or are way out of my price range.
and/or are way out of my price range.
So it was a shock when there was one listed in my suburb....
Impulsively I rang and left a message
and then forgot about it....
*
*
*
*
she rang back
at this point I could have said "thankyou but no thankyou, I don't need another sewing machine, I've got plenty"
but instead I thought it's only up the road - wont hurt to take a look....
it was the Walking Foot that tipped me over the edge
and then when I saw the Overlocker she was selling for her Mum
was the same model as the one I'd killed and it came with a thread tray
I knew I had to have both!
it was the Walking Foot that tipped me over the edge
and then when I saw the Overlocker she was selling for her Mum
was the same model as the one I'd killed and it came with a thread tray
I knew I had to have both!
I don't advocate buying second hand sewing machines
as you're always in danger of buying someone elses problems
however like anything, if you start with quality you'll end with it
and from my experience, the older model Berninas quality is precision and their ability always reliable
as long as it hasn't come from a high school or Tafe.
Both sew like dreams
and they also come with their User Manuels and all sorts of accessories & appendages
however sadly one of my four Overlockers is going to have to go to a new home
*
*
*
one day.



Jody.... Jody.... Jody......
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I'm just not looking, it's the only way...
ReplyDeleteJackpot Jody!!! I'm there with you!
ReplyDeleteMy best buy as far as sewing goes, was my current sewing machine which is a Bernina 740 semi industrial....or on the cusp of it according to a sewing machine man I spoke with recently. Not quite industrial perhaps but also not quite domestic. I luv, luv, luv it! Would be lost without it! I bought it waaaaay back about 20 or more years ago, for quite a few hundred and it's much older than that. I seem to remember the earliest date in it's book is in the 70's. It's just about still going strong, although I think it's ready for the man to take a look at it. It's having a few little spits at me in last couple of months. I'm hoping she'll last for many years to come. They don't make them like these ones anymore do they? ♥
ummm maaaa - did your mum say you could?
ReplyDeleteOh they are both so nice ..... I guess I don't advocate buying 2nd hand either, but you can usually tell if they have been well looked after and these both look in excellent condition. It's always a danger when you say .... it won't hurt to look. I'm a shocker for that. It won't hurt to look usually means I'm in hook, line and sinker.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you should feel guilty at all. You never know when your going to need a spare and if you know the machine is a reliable model then why not? x
ReplyDeletethey look so happy together in their new home, well done
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend