I'm joining in Tinniegirls Sunday Snippets
and I know
I'm not supposed to say anything
so I'll keep it short....
I shared a great weekend with a group of fabulous girls, creating Splice Skirts.
Some firsts happened along the way...
Bronwyn came up from Albany for the weekend just so she could join in the fun...
Kate created the very first childrens Splice Skirt
and I wore my new boots all weekend and they're the best boots I've ever owned in my life!
![]() |
| (for 4yr old Sophia) |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() | |||||







Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself...I wish I had met you earlier...I would have loved this workshop...the skirts are divine.
ReplyDeleteI will keep my eye open for others. x
Love those skirts! Sounds like you had a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you through Sunday Snippets!
Those skirts are gorgeous. And your blog is inspiring too. Searched your site to find out where your workshops are....across the otherside of the country!
ReplyDeleteLove these skirts ... they are so nice. So different.
ReplyDeleteGreat snippets Jody! Those skirts come up so well don't they? great effect. also loving your skirt and the combo with the tights and boots! Is it a sideways splice or something different? x
ReplyDeleteThose skirts are so gorgeous. What a fun way to spend a weekend.
ReplyDeleteLove those boots!!
ReplyDeleteHey, where could I get me one of them skirts? You clever gal, you. :-)
xx
Every Girl needs a great pair (or two) of boots!!!
ReplyDeleteOooo did you know that technique has been round for many years and known as "Chenilling'? Quilters have been Chenilling for many years. Clover make a wonderful Chenille Cutter that makes it quick and simple to cut through many layers of fabric. I've some images of bags I made did years ago if you're interested. It's a lovely relaxing techqiue ;) Hope you have a lovely week ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Cherie, yes I've heard it referred to as Chenilling however it is a stitching technique originally developed centuries ago by the Sth Americans called 'Mola'.
Delete