Monday, April 9, 2012

JaM - Favourite Bling

JaM this week is all about your favourite jewellery
~ what bling makes ya heart sing! 


I don't wear a lot of jewellery
- earrings haven't touched my ears for years -

every piece of jewellery I've hung onto has either sentimental value, 
was gifted by someone special
or on the rare occasion I've bought it myself.

Like pieces of art work, jewellery for me needs to be something I can live with,
even when I'm not wearing it.


My favourite ring, one of 3 I alternate between,
 I bought myself
and it's a heart shaped pearl cast in sterling silver
& created by a local jeweler .
I adore it as much today as the day I nearly fell over when I saw it,
15yrs ago.


The prompt for the Bling JaM theme
is this gold & pearl necklace my Dad bought back from Papua New Guinea this week.

He did good....
it's very grown up in a funky way

and
I can live with that.



 

4 comments:

  1. Jody I love that first photo and it reminds me of some of my favorite jewelry too. I'll post to this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green pendant with the bird in the first photo! I can see why the heart ring is your favourite and that is a very sweet necklace your Dad gave you. I will be joining in this week when I find a minute. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo very pretty treasures
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore handcrafted items the most, your heart ring is gorgeous......
    What a lovely gift from your dad his got good taste.
    I tried to put the Jam button on my blog but somehow it didn't work(sure its just me)

    ReplyDelete

Come in & take the weight off.....jug's on.....sorry about the mess ..... I like your hair - where'd ya get your shoes!