Vics theme for this weeks MP&Y is
Pincushions
The romantic in me would like to say I use these pincushions everyday
but then I'd be lying.
I prefer a magnetic pincushion
because
they're sooooo practical,
one sweep & any pin with cooee is picked-up
and they don't blunt your pins.
their only down fall is they are a little boring
when it comes to showing off your pincushions.


I've never had a proper magnetic pincushion you know, I think I'll have to give one a try, if they are loved by such a pro as you! I wouldn't be able to give up my current pincushion altogether though; I luff it. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing again this week Jody; I STILL haven't got my kettle (& maybe a toaster...?!) up stairs but it's so on my to-do list!
Mmmm now I think about it I like these best too ... Thanks for a great post!
ReplyDeleteI use a plastic container and pick up my pins with a magnet. Usually they get thrown in a pile on my worktable and picked up when I am done, no time for sticking them in a pincushion.
ReplyDeleteI had a magnetic one, but every time I dropped it it split apart...at least my fabric ones bounce for the klutzy sewer that I am!!!
ReplyDeleteoh wow you have lots of lovely pin cushions! :) the magnet ones are definitely very practical and finding ones the eyes perhaps missed! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great collection! The magnetic ones bring back memories. In Finland we have home economics and I chose crafts as my subject and there were many magnetic pin cushions all around the class room.
ReplyDeleteHmmm I too might need a magnetic one. Love the colours of yours.
ReplyDeleteI've never had a magnetic pin-cushion either and yes not very romantic but very practical if your using them everyday.Your studio sounds wonderful,im a little jealous!
ReplyDeleteoooh i am just DREAMING of ways you could pretty up a magnetic pincushion now :D
ReplyDeletehappy weekend!